The following policies are implemented across all our operations through rules, procedures and guidance.
They are reviewed and approved annually, or more frequently if appropriate.
We will protect the privacy of individuals when handling any personal information and ensure compliance, as far as possible, with relevant data protection and privacy laws.
We aim to:
- be transparent about our collection, use and disclosure of personal information;
- collect and use personal information fairly and lawfully;
- only collect personal information that we require and only keep it if necessary;
- keep personal information accurate and up to date;
- respect the privacy rights of individuals granted by privacy laws; and
- keep personal information secure.
- commit to keep abreast of all applicable data protection and privacy laws of the jurisdictions in which we operate;
- take steps to provide appropriate training and support to ensure that all personnel are aware of our obligations and follow our data protection procedures when handling the personal information of others;
- implement relevant security procedures and issue guidance to staff explaining their data protection and security obligations;
- ensure that when sharing personal information with third parties we do so only where necessary and seek assurances that the third party has adequate security procedures in place to protect such information;
- implement clear processes for individuals to raise concerns about how the firm processes their personal information and for resolving any such concerns;
- ensure our privacy notices are clear, accessible and give sufficient information about how we use and share personal information and where personal information can be updated or corrected and
- delete or destroy personal information no longer needed for its original business purpose, unless we have a legal obligation to retain personal information for a certain period.
We care about our work and seek to produce better outcomes for our clients, the public and the planet. We produce work of quality through collaboration, independent thinking and an integrated approach that improves the built environment and sets new expectations for our industry.
We aim to:
- provide advice and design solutions that are efficient, effective and innovative, generating outcomes that exceed expectations, improve society and support sustainable development;
- provide a high level of service to our clients; one that they enjoy and will want to repeat; and
- create elegant, coordinated, robust and accurate deliverables; containing the right information that is readily accessible.
- recruit talented people from diverse backgrounds who share our aims, and provide the right conditions and opportunities for them to flourish;
- give our people the freedom to be creative and to learn, building long-term, trusted, empathetic relationships with our clients and collaborators;
- pursue a culture of enquiry, strengthen internal collaboration and share our knowledge;
- invest in advancing our design, digital and professional skills, and our strategic thinking;
- seek to work with clients, partners, agents, advisors and suppliers whose commitments and values are consistent with our own; and
- continually improve quality.
Health, safety and wellbeing
We care about our people and those influenced by our actions through our projects. We provide a safe and healthy working environment for our people; in our offices, on site and travelling on business. We promote the importance of health, safety and wellbeing, both within the workplace and through our work.
We aim to:
- care for the health and safety at work of all our people, and of others who may be affected by our activities;
- actively support the well-being of our people; and
- make a positive contribution to health, safety and wellbeing of others through our projects.
- promote and implement programmes for the wellbeing of our people and for the prevention of injury and ill health;
- provide adequate resources (investment, information, supervision, instruction and training) to contribute to a healthy and safe working environment for our people;
- promote positive leadership behaviours, working proactively and collaboratively;
- promote and integrate health and safety consistently into our design and business decisions, commensurate with applicable law and professional standards; and
- continually improve our health, safety and wellbeing performance.
We seek to protect the environment by addressing the complex challenges presented by population growth, climate change, biodiversity loss, increasing energy demand and resource scarcity to live within the natural limits of our planet.
We aim to:
- promote responsible environmental stewardship that considers economic security and social betterment;
- identify and manage our environmental impacts to protect the environment and prevent pollution;
- achieve sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources in our project work and within our own facilities; and
- protect and promote sustainable use of ecosystems and strive to reduce the loss of biodiversity.
- collaborate with clients, stakeholders and partners to act on opportunities to support sustainable development;
- work with clients and stakeholders to identify and manage relevant environmental risks, while realising their business objectives;
- approach our work holistically, making decisions based on a clear view of the environmental outcomes and impacts;
- research, develop and promote practical resilient solutions to relevant environmental issues;
- work with clients and collaborators whose environmental commitments are consistent with our own; and
- continually improve our environmental performance.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment based on merit, fairness and respect. One that encourages talented people of any background to produce their best work. We embrace the skills, abilities and knowledge that only a diverse and inclusive workforce can provide, to create solutions, and give advice, that improves society.
We aim to:
- treat everyone fairly, with dignity and respect, as we would wish to be treated;
- maintain fair and honourable dealings with our people, where recognition, reward and opportunity reflect the ability, experience and aspiration of the individual; and
- create an environment that brings the best skills to our work, in which we value individual differences and recognise the contributions of all our people.
- recruit talented people from a wide range of backgrounds with differing beliefs and personal characteristics;
- ensure full and effective participation and equal opportunities for everyone;
- invest in the education and development of our people and provide them with opportunities to reach their full potential;
- increase our people’s awareness and understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion, including its importance;
- provide equitable pay based on roles, responsibilities and performance;
- identify and address inappropriate behaviour or discrimination;
- seek to work with clients and collaborators whose commitments to equality, diversity and inclusion are consistent with our own; and
- measure how we are performing; report regularly and act to address any barriers.
Our values and commitment to business integrity stem from a desire to act honourably and with integrity in all our business dealings. We will treat people respectfully and we maintain ethical business standards in all the markets in which we operate.
We aim to:
- treat our people with honesty and fairness;
- enable them to behave honourably and act with integrity in all our business dealings, building relationships as independent advisors and trusted professionals; and
- implement best practice and raise awareness of the ethical standards we require of our people.
- maintain a Code of Conduct and training programme for all our people;
- maintain procedures so that we do not engage in unethical conduct or illegal practices;
- implement systems that support our duty of confidentiality and respect privacy in all our business relationships;
- support any member of staff who has legitimate concerns to challenge unethical behaviour and respond appropriately;
- participate in appropriate industry initiatives to promote business integrity;
- work with clients, partners and collaborators whose ethical commitments are consistent with our own; and
- keep our systems and procedures under regular review to confirm that they remain relevant and proportionate.